Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My thoughts on my race this Saturday... Lost Boys !!!


Elevation profile for Lost Boys !!! eek
I am sitting here with both butterflies and nervous energy. Jack and I went to the park all day to keep me focused on something else. This weekend is Lost Boys 50 miler at 5am Saturday morning. I am really excited for the adventure of the race and I would say nervous for the amount of hard work that is going to be needed to complete this race. There will be so many of my good friends running that it also feels like a mini party. The race to me feels more like a survival crazy weather 50 mile adventure. 
There will be 66 participants this year and out of that 15 females. Its a point to point race starting in the  Anza Borrego dessert that's in San Diego County.1,100 foot elevation tops off on top of Cuyamca peak at 6,512 feet of elevation., Then it ends at Cuyamaca lake  with nearly 9,000 feet of climbing. It is 28 miles of trails ,4 miles of dessert sand 18 miles of jeep road. Does that not sound like an awesome adventure. Last year Angela Shartel  won this race ! She is this really fast ,super strong altra athlete. she ran the entire 50 miles with all that climbing in 8 hours ..  Yeah incredible 
I just really feel like I am so grateful that I will be able to take part in such an exciting event. I am so grateful for the story that will come of showing up and running. My goal is to finish 30 min faster than last year. Last year my goal was to finish and I did so looks like this Saturday will be another amazing day !

No comments: