Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
|I thought it would be fun ti share some of my favorite morning routines. I am a creature of habit and once I find something that works well I try and make it a habit as much as possible. This past year I have learned a-lot about healthier choices I could make that are simple and easy to include into my life.|
1. I wake up and first thing is I say Thank You for letting me wake up and it sets a good place for thinking head to be in.
2. I go down stairs and have a glass of warm water with lemon and lately I have added some mint. Here is a link to some lemon water benefits.
3. I take 5 to 7 minutes to do some stretches. I usually run 5 days a week so these babies seem to really help my legs. I alway like looking on Pintrest for help with changing up mu routine. I like these this routine the most.
4. My morning smoothie. There are so many great ways to make a smoothie my favorite is
1 cup of frozen spinach
1/2 cup of peaches and pineapple blend and right now I am adding mint leaves too. After its blended I add some chia seeds too.
5. Then before I walk out the door to take my kids to school I go to the bathroom and I look in the mirror and tell myself that I am going to have a really good day G so keep smiling and stay on track. Positive self talk is awesome . It really helps my attitude. My thought on this matter is. You have to go through the day right . So why not give yourself the chance of having a great day by changing your attitude ...
Monday, May 23, 2016
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
|I will revise my training plan tomorrow and go from there.|
Sunday, May 15, 2016
Friday, May 13, 2016
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016
Friday, May 6, 2016
I think athletes are the winners and the sponsored people. When I race ( see that even sounds funny to me). When I run these awesome ultra-marathons I always feel so grateful to be able to run in the woods hours I feel so whole. There is a part of me I did not know existed before I found trail running. The girl in me that runs theses long distances she hates all the stuff that happened to the child I was once and I swear that through running I have slowly healed and forgiven . I was able to let it go but for some reason it makes me feel bigger than being left and then on that trail I suddenly feel found. The opposite of abandoned is adopted cherished , defended. Trail running gives me all these feelings. This leads me to believe that really no dream is to big. My dream of getting lost for hours in the woods came true and my dream of healing came true. Like everything it takes work and really coming face to face with ourselves . There are no short cuts but with work you can do so much and live such a good life. I am insanely grateful to be alive and to be able to have kids and run. When I wake up I say thank you lord for today.
Tomorrow we have 24 mile run and I know that after my run I will feel better for a while. So if you ever thought that the whole exercise thing does not helps your mood and helps you heal . I miss my little sister so much...
I woke up at 3:15 am on Saturday morning. I rented a cabin about 10 minutes away and asked a friend - fellow runner( Jonathanelo Fields and his crew Jeranimo) if I could get a ride with them to the start line the Anza Borego Desert Floor. I was really nervous and scared about the weather conditions. We got the the start line at 4:30am and the wind was so crazy you could feel it pushing the car. I opened the car door and was literally pushed by the wind and yes it was cold. It was so windy one of the porta-potty flew over. I was worried about being cold so I decided to that the thing to do would be look at this as a off road running adventure and dress for the adventure ahead. I wore 3 shirts. A tank top and a short sleeve and a long sleeve. (it was honestly cold) Then I got a little excited about the conditions once I was able to change the way I saw the race I was OK and I saw a -lot of other crazy running friends and that settled my nerves too. Hey I was not alone in this craziness and as soon as we started I just thought about how much I love this and how I had all day to share this run with my sister and I was golden. I was super impressed with how well the trail was marked. There where multiple orange ribbons for every turn. As soon as I knew I was not getting lost I was able to just run and focus on the day ahead. It was a beautiful challenging course.