Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ramblings from Gloria's brain.....

Here I am...trying to figure it all out which I know is impossible..I am at a really strange and scary place in my life...scary because I never thought I would be in this situation and strange because I am getting little glimpses of a me I really didn't know was in there..
The whole divorce talk is probably getting old..and I'm sorry its just what this year has become for me ..The year I officially called it quits...I am afraid to put to much out here because you know like everyone I think OMG I don't want them to think I am crazy...but I am a Little so...here it is.
Let me start by saying DIVORCE SUCKS!!!!! for everyone involved..There are no winners its a huge loss and you mourn and you get angry and you get sad and it changes you....
I couldn't stay anymore , I was becoming someone I did not like at all..I would try not be home as much as possible so we wouldn't fight and when I was home I hid...I hid from the world...I conditioned myself in a way that was really unhealthy... Running was a huge escape for me..I got to do it alone ,I couldn't really make a mistakes and if I did there wasn't anyone there to get mad at me...Honestly yes my x had a anger issues but it also came from my childhood .It was both of our faults. Very early on in my life I had a couple bad experiences..I became that invisible little girl. if you don't see her you cant get mad at her. I would do anything to avoid a confrontation...I really really don't like yelling it just puts me a really bad place..and it takes me a while to get to a safe place inside of me....I have a-lot of fears...but here's the good side of all of this...My experience is probably not to different from a-lot of others out there ..Most of us have a story ..big or little we have our insecurities and our sadness that we carry ...We had people do things to us and we have done things to people that I am sure we are not proud of...We all have struggles..The thing is there is a light at the end of the tunnel..but this is what I am figuring out...OK you cant hide.You can pretend its all OK and that the problem does not exist ..I think all that really does is make it worse..OK here is why. I think the more we put the things off in or life the worse they become..that thing that hurts you it starts creeping up on you in ways you would never imagine..its true
I have parts of me that I am becoming aware are kinda really f--up and there is a direct correlation to the fact that I was scared to face any problems so I would smile and pretend it was all OK...because what if that problem was going to yell at me...really ..Oh well let it yell and then it to shall pass.and you get through it ..You have to believe enough in yourself (like I am trying to do ) to get up and face all the shit....Just go head on....Just like in a battle you have to arm yourself with the things you need to win...In my battle my weapons consist of...a journal, a best friend that has a great outlook on life and really takes the time to speak to me (usually on Mondays) a couple good books that inspire me...Good happy music...a therapist...and complete fallow through on my part..GOD...showing up for myself because no matter what anyone did to any of us or what we maybe be doing to our self ..We can be OK...The first step being...YOU HAVE TO LOVE YOURSELF......it does not matter who you are...All that matters is that when you start being honest with yourself and saying that's OK..I still love myself enough to try to help myself...Then I think it just changes everything...You see hope you feel sad but so happy because this thing comes over you and its LOVE ..The kind we give everybody else but not really ourselves...and it feels pretty good and scary too...but I am happy to report that I am OK and I am going to give it my best shot because I only have one life and I want to grow and learn and love and accept myself for being me....and we should all do this together..maybe take a moment everyday to show up for yourself and tell yourself how great you are..You can fake it if you don't believe it but say it anyway..out load in the car or in the bathroom ...and its so crazy but it completely helps when taking on all those yucky things we are trying to make better...
So this is whats going on in my head and in my world...I hope this helps someone out there if not well it made me feel really good to get it out.....hugs and kisses from me....to you..

11 comments:

patty said...

Oh my goodness, dear Gloria! There is so much truth and pain and honesty and vulnerability and goodness and wisdom and beauty in what you have written here. You are completely in touch with your feelings and have laid them all out. That's a very healthy thing to do! You are sooo on the way to that light at the end of the tunnel!! Hugs to you!!

Laura C said...

Gloria - I just wanted you to know that there are people out there reading your blog and listening. I can't help but I can certainly let you know that it will be okay, you will be okay, your kids will be okay. The light will get bigger and brighter as time goes by at the end of that tunnel.

Christina said...

i'm choked up here. i haven't been through a divorce but i am a child of it. my childhood was dark and bad things happened. it took me years(and still working on it) to be ok. I finally realized I was worth something, it was ok to be happy, to have hope, to love, to trust, to just be me and know that everything is OK. It's so wonderful to find others who believe that too. It's healthy and the way we should live!
You are a beautiful person Ms Gloria! Loads of love and light to you!!
xo

Kolleen said...

i couldn't agree more with all that Patty said.

You are on your way.....your pure honesty and authenticity shine.

i can relate to nearly everything you wrote in this post. DIVORCE DOES SUCK.... YES. IT. DOES. there are no two ways around it but someday you will come to a place (which may be that light at the end of the tunnel) and be grateful for it. you will be grateful for the strength it brought to you and the changes that will occur because of it....grateful that you survived and are better for it.

i simply adore you.
you are a light to all of us who are blessed to have you in our lives!!!

i am sending you gigantic hugs and smooches!!

love you so much
xoxo
k

Unknown said...

Gloria, what an amazing post. It really was good for me to read and reflect on. I'm sure you're touching more people than you think with your ramblings...it's helping me with some issues in my life at the moment and some realizations I'm having about myself...who I thought I was...what I'm capable of...and trying to be the best me I can be. Thank you for your great words...


Hugs,
Mo

Love, Carrie said...

so great talking to you today...you sound good...better than you have in a while...miss you :)

Jennifer Priest said...

Hugs to you Gloria. Miss you but you gotta do what you gotta do!!

Krystie said...

Wow. What a great post, so raw. I am so proud of you. For taking a huge step. For having the courage to follow through. For giving yourself the life you deserve. For your kids. For you. For your friends. Your inner beauty makes your outer beauty shine more than ever. I too went through a divorce 19 years ago. Building a strong foundation for your children will help in your healing process. You will be so happy to see them happy. They too may be hurting now, as you are, but soon they will feel secure. Secure in that you made the right decision. Secure that their mom is so happy, no longer being yelled at, secure that they can approach you at any time for a hug, a kiss, a talk. You did it girl! You. By youself. Not many women are strong enough to step out of a situation such as yours when children are involved. You saw that they needed it just as much as you did. Blessings to you and your beautiful family.

Mindy Lacefield said...

Gloria -
i'm so glad you let your feelings pour out like that. it really starts to heal the wound after you let it bleed a little...ya know? i am just up in arms that you are going such a rough spot in your life and i want to be there to give you a hug. go running with you! i love you and know that we are here for you.
love you.

danielle daniel said...

I have just found your blog through Juliette Crane...I am amazed by your courage and moved by your truth!

I have only just "met" you but I deeply respect you and your journey.

YOU deserve to be happy and to be LOVED unconditionally. You are the keeper of your heart...Nurture your tender heart and your body...speak your truth and hold your head up high.

Danielle xox

K8 said...

I won't pretend to understand what you are going through but know that you are in my thoughts! You are so honest.