Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Baby Steps.

Do you ever feel like you are doing well . Life is moving in an OK direction and your getting through all the uncomfortable things you put off. Its like the space between the good and the bad. I get to this space and am often I am a little nervous about moving in any direction. because I like it here. I am holding a space of acceptance. What ever it maybe I accept it. Do you ever do this? I find that painting lets me soar inside..It feels like when I dream I am flying. Maybe because I know I need to accept what ever may come and let it be. No judgement. When I fly in my dreams I usually always just know that this is cool and I accept it ..In gloria's head this makes sense..
It also scares me because I am insecure about it. So I don't really ever share anything I paint . but I want to now. So here I am sharing. Let me say first that I am in love with Kelly Rea. She is the Oprah of my life. Her book is always in my purse. Her words sit in my heart and help mend my hurt. Other times they help me fly. I am so grateful for her words and thoughts. She honestly gives me courage to live a good life. On that note I completely copied her instructions and let myself be in that space of in between with her words.
I made this...I am kinda happy scared..because I like it and I made it and that scares me, because maybe just maybe inside me somewhere I am an artist...OK. I am crying as I write this because one of my life lessons that I need to learn is that I can do it..because I am worth it and its OK to worth it..It's part of my baggage..That I am trying to put in the trash. I will get there eventually .I know this. The trick is not to give up on ourselves and to keep love alive for ourselves and those we care for, keep the love moving!!!! Not let the crap win but let us make us stronger..but we have to try.
She will be going in my dinning room..So here I am taking baby steps toward the light I see guiding my path...I hope a. You own Taking Flight by Kelly-Rea best book ever. and b. This helps you too...Happy living G

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh gloria, your painting is BEAUTIFUL and the emotions you went through to bring her into the world is amazing. thank you for sharing your open heart.

Darlene S. said...

This painting really is very beautiful and striking! You did a beautiful job and there is so much emotion within your art. Bravo! Share some more as you like. :D

Kelly Berkey said...

brave girl! pop on over to see a photo of your jewelry that is on it's way to you;-)
i love that you are sharing your art. i sweated the first time i did, almost crawled out of be to delete it afterward. be brave, it will help you grow. your painting is beautiful!

Odd Chick said...

THis is really, really precious! I can see Kelly Rae's influence but you made it your own and it is delightful and I can hear you being so brave and so true to yourself and I just want you to know there is a complete stranger in New Mexico High fiving YOU and your courage to say: I LIKE HER.. i know how hard that is. I've been there. But you're right - we will get there but only if we keep giving value to ourselves and to the works of our hands!

patty said...

Oh my goodness, Gloria, this post and everything it represents is WAY more than baby steps - or maybe it's LOTS of baby steps!! You go, girl!! I love what you have expressed here - I cracked up about how Kelly Rae is your Oprah because I remember her sharing how Oprah was one of her most admired people - she would love that!
XOXOX

tricia said...

i know exactly what you mean about that "space". i have been there for most of this year...being comfortable and unable to move forward until recently. now i am moving in the right direction. it gives my heart comfort to know you know how i feel. your painting is just delightful! you're so talented and i can't wait to see what you do next!

kelly rae said...

i am so stinkin proud of you...for sharing this art, for creating this art (it's GORGEOUS and i can see YOU all over it), for putting it out there, for talking about the space in between, for feeling the fear and doing it anyway, for painting so that you can release, heal, soar, smile, and pass that forward on to those in your life.

i am giving you a giant hug right now, sweet gloria!
xxoooo!

Jennifer said...

Dear Gloria. I just love your art work. You are an artist my dear. You may not be able to speak the words out loud, but just look at all the beautiful things that you create in your life everyday.

I am so proud of you. For taking steps in that territory of uncertainty and sitting there and allowing yourself to create. What a beautiful piece emerged from that.

You are worth all the happiness in the world. You deserve to smile, dance, paint, run, sing...you deserve all the best in this world. Believe that dear girl. Believe that, because it is true.

Elizabeth Halt said...

Hey, sweetie! You are indeed worth so much good and happiness and joy, just because you are. It takes so much bravery to create through those feelings and to share them.

There is so much beauty in your post. Thank you for sharing it.

xoxo