Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Bike Ride was so much fun..


I had a blast!!!!! I woke up on time and then started my day of with coffee...I went upstairs to get dressed and guess what...Well I don't have a washing machine right now so Ive been washing my workout clothes by hand because its easy and I use it everyday..well anyway I washed my cycling shirt and I put it in the dryer because I didn't have time to let it air dry...well when I tried it on guess what it super duper shrunk...yes its now Isabella's shirt..so now I had no looking cool cycling shirt...what to do...I have these super orange argyle socks my friend Carrie gave me and I had an orange and white stripe shirt so there you go...fun kinda dorky but suddenly I am more excited about everything ..outfit included....
I was a little nervous about going down to Mexico but it felt really safe once we got there..Its only about and hour and half drive from my house...I picked up my dad dropped of my kids with my mom and that was that..next thing to do was register and find my cousin...after many callas we found each other...This is my cousin Pepe..totally fun sweet guy..I had not seen him in over a year...We all started of together...dad, cousins his peeps and me...
After ten miles or so I took off..and I listened to the Doors..can you picture this ..beautiful country...The Doors in my ears playing my song...Gloria....and the wind in my face..I felt free and so blessed ..I was living the dream...
It went pretty fast , the hills were good not to high just enough to make me break a sweat...The sun was pretty bright ..and I did not put enough sun screen on...My son told me this morning..mommy it looks like someone tattooed your shirt on your back...its a sun burn buddy...
Here we are after party time baby....My dad does not drink so I had beer for both of us...
It was perfect day...My dad did it in 3:45 and I did it in 3:30...
I have to say I really like riding my bike...almost as much as running:0)

4 comments:

Kolleen said...

i LOVE and admire you so much!!!

you completely rocked those argyle socks!!!! perfect outfit for you!!!!

love all the pics....especially the one of you and your dad.....and i have to admit....i am totally jealous of you with The Doors riding through beautiful countryside....sounds like a bit of heaven to me!!!

xoxoxo
k

allyson joy said...

awwwww so cute!!!! congrats g-money!!!! i just sowed my mother in law your picture of you riding and she said she totally saw you, but didnt know it was you!!! love you missy!!!!
{xoxo}

Emily D. said...

Congrats! I'm so happy you had a wonderful time... I love reading about your runs and biking.... esp love seeing the photos!

Elizabeth Halt said...

I love reading about your runs and bike rides. I enjoy it, even though I am doing neither at the moment (well, I'm not a biker ever ;)

Love the outfit!