Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Thinking on the run


I had a bit of a long run this morning . I look forward to those runs because it is a-lot like therapy to me. Lately I have been pensive. Letting myself settle into my new life. Here's the deal. I feel as if the universe has been telling me to stop trying to be. Stop trying to be what you are not Gloria. I can hear the universe relating this message to me. I see it in book I pick up. It comes up in conversations I have with people. This morning I read about it on Jenifer's blog. So, as I started my 20 mile run I gave my run to that thought. Who am I? what am I trying to create? where do I want to go ?
I put the thought in my mind and I let my higher being just fly with it. This is what I came up with. The title to my blog. Creating free spirit. I don't want to create my spirit to much anymore now I want to accept my spirit for what it is. OK , now this means being honest with myself. This means I have to take of the rose colored glasses. oh man..This means accepting my faults and seeing the reality of my imperfections. That is hard. I am doing one a week . For example I know I am put things of because I am afraid , things that have to get done anyway. I a going to start to take ownership of those pieces of me I don't really like because there still me and I bet there not that bad and here the trick when I take ownership of the fact that I am afraid to pay my bills because I might not be able to..guess what when I sit down to do it, I am OK. its OK. I am going to start to accept all of me in little pieces.
So the answer to my questions I started out with this morning was this you are were you are supposed to be. You are going were you are meant to go. You create a better you Daley. For me because there seems to be so much going on it seems like exercising my love for myself everyday helps. How do I do that. I whisper to my self I love you G.
We could try this together..Tell me how it works for you. Oprah once did a show and what she said changed my life..do anything for 21 days and it becomes a habit..I have been running for 6 years..That's how I started I got a calender and I ran for 21 days and it became a habit. So what if for 21 days we whispered to ourselves ..I love you Gloria or I love you Kollen or I love you Jennifer or I love you Cathy...OK you get it right? ...maybe something will shift in us..I am going to try ..OK so lets just see what happens..let me know OK.

5 comments:

chrissy said...

i DO love you miss G.
i DO.
and
so
do
many
many
many
others.
muah!
c

Jennifer said...

oh dear Gloria, I love this post. So honest, raw, and brave. To just be who you are is a powerful thing. And you are such an incredible spirit. You do not have to create it because you are it. I am going to try this. each day I am going to whisper to myself "I love you Jennifer" Especially during those tough moments. What a wise soul you are!

I love you G!

Kelly Berkey said...

Yes! I know this to be true! I've told myself for a month now that I AM AN ARTIST and now I believe it. Now I have to tell myself for the next 21 days "I'm just as good as anyone else, just different".
Thanks for the inspiration. Oh, and the running, i'm going to have to work on that habit a bit harder!
Hugs:-)

NicNacManiac said...

You are such an inspiration...this post was fabulous and has opened my eyes and is just the kick in the pants that I need right now. I am going to try this and I know we will both be spectacular...xOxO

marilyn said...

well said, bird. that you for your every day inspiration. i love you.