Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Project Monday

Hello! And welcome to Project Monday! This is where Carrie and I will share with you the projects we created with our Friday prompts.

Last Friday's prompt was A little Fall in your step, were we tooks photos of those Fall shoes that add just a little bit of whimsy to this wonderful season.

For my project I decided to make a sweet little tag that I will probably add to a minibook or Fall layout : )

Here are some of the main steps I used to create it.....

1.) Cut a rectangle and then stitch a dress pattern sheet over the top, trimming excess off the edges.

2.) Wrap different colors of yarn around the center. I then added the brown pokadot paper and stitch it all down at the same time.

3.) Printed out my photo, and typed words onto a flash card. I then cut strips and trimmed the edges with fancy scissors. I stitched the photo down with the word strips layered over the edges to make a unique frame.

4.) Found a leaf from the yard and pinned it to the tag.

5.) Added the tag hole and ribbon at the top, and that's it. Simple with some cool techniques with happy Fall colors.

Don't forget to check Carrie's blog for her project, and we would love to see your projects too! Just leave a comment with the link, or you can upload them to the Project Monday Flickr Group HERE.

Also, here is a fun little widget to add to your blog for when you decide to play along.....





See you on Friday for a fun new prompt! Have a great week!!!

4 comments:

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

suuuper cute!

~The Mama Monster

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Do you use a regular sewing machine or do you use a machine especially for crafts?

~The Mama Monster

chrissy said...

Missy G... Love it. What a fun idea. I'm in when I get back from Idaho. Xo

Sweet Escape said...

I love that you girls are doing "project monday"!!,, i had a lot of fun playing along!!,,,love your tag miss G!!,,,love the yarn detail!! and those fall shoes with your cute girly socks are adorable!!,,love it all!!!