Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday.... so soon...


I don't really know were this week went....I have been thinking about the fact that I really cant be super DE duper happy on my blog all the time and I guess that's okay...So all about my week..ready
The hardest thing that happened lots of papers were signed this week bringing an end to the longest relationship I have had...weird and sad..I guess I feel strange because I feel lucky and blessed in so many ways...I am sad that it didn't workout, I am blessed that it did work for a while. I am happy that we will do everything in out power to make things good for our kids, that we will stay good friends that we had great kids and great memories..I guess the trick for me is to let myself cry when I need to and to try really hard to smile and be happy...I feel that my core is happy , sad that we lost this battle but it was a battle for so long...That's not good either...
I find that if I just keep moving forward or backward whatever just keep moving the feelings pass..I know that's its really important to deal with it and going through it is better than pretending...okay, I am the queen of wearing rose colored glasses but as I grow up I find that dealing with the adult female inside of me that I am sometimes afraid to embrace is very powerful, I also find that HOLY...S..T..
I can deal with this stuff...It hurts but dealing with it has given me a sense of understanding about myself and what I can do...CrazY...I was the girl that was afraid to say no or just didn't speak up...because I didn't want to bother anyone. I know... silly it was just me..Hiding. I don't really hide anymore..I speak up kinda..when I cant .I ask for help...
This week I kept going and kept going...I made myself sit at Starbucks and hang out by myself even though I wanted to go home and sleep...I ran with my dad when I did not want to..I did a-lot of things I didn't want to because I knew if I did I would eventually feel better...and its working...I am afraid to share all this because I don't want my little blog to be sad but I also wanted to share..Our lives can sometimes get crazy difficult...but it keeps moving forward even when we don't want it too,Its just the way it is...so for me Surrounding myself with people who are true to our friendship.....surrounding myself with positive people who care....and having friends who are artist and teachers .hanging out with my peeps...all those things have really helped me. On my little path of life.
On another note I have discovered croceting...OMG..I love it !!!! I have to tear myself from it. It came at a perfect time...I have made a couple scarfs and some hats..and ohhh flowers...I even have a crochet date with a new friend on wed....She is going to teach me...so cool
I took this picture today and made the scarf and hat yesterday....fun hu...This week I plan on posting a-lot ....Oh I have a half marathon next Sunday too with this great guy that I love my dad...I hope you had a great Sunday....

17 comments:

Kris Loya said...

I just got to know you a little better and in addition to ur amazing LOs? Turns out you're also an AMAZING woman and i hope gonna be a good new friend! I'm also a crochet nut and i was too shy/scared to make that scarf!!! The instructions SCARED me.....now u make me wanna revisit it.
Thanks new friend...like i need ANOTHER project:P
Good luck on ur marathon!!! Thats so freakin cool!!!!
<3

oh and? No need to always be happy around ur blog/friends and its ok to cry and thank you for the bit about not speaking up. you planted a seed.

marilyn said...

you are my hero. oh little bird, i see you there, soaring.

Kolleen said...

you are so brave and so precious Gloria! I TRULY hope you really KNOW that about yourself. Thank you for your candidness and your honesty. you are a strong women who has so many talents to share with all of us blessed enough to know you. are you going to start selling your hats/scarfs?? i am thinking i would really love to purchase one!!!
miss your face and am hoping you and i can connect sometime in person since we aren't too terrible far away from each other!!
xoxoxox you keep on going!!! pushing through, pushing through!!

Kolleen said...

you are so brave and so precious Gloria! I TRULY hope you really KNOW that about yourself. Thank you for your candidness and your honesty. you are a strong women who has so many talents to share with all of us blessed enough to know you. are you going to start selling your hats/scarfs?? i am thinking i would really love to purchase one!!!
miss your face and am hoping you and i can connect sometime in person since we aren't too terrible far away from each other!!
xoxoxox you keep on going!!! pushing through, pushing through!!

Pearl said...

o Gloria !

thank you for being so brave in sharing this !!!You will be surprised how many people may need to hear this !
I am more than happy for you on the positives that you have out of this situation - I know the immediate days may be difficult , but applaud , congratulate yourself that you have moved on !

Big hugs,

Love, Carrie said...

love you, Gloria!!! it is really great to hear what's in your mind...you are very strong, and always amaze me...and in case you didn't know, that color looks awesome on you!!!

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
You are so wonderful and I am so proud of how you're working through this ending/beginning. I have been where you are and know that good things are still to come. It sounds like you already know that. Good for you for taking time to grieve and yet still participating in life. You really inspire me. I'm sending hugs to you from Alaska!

Love the hat & scarf too. :)

xo ~ Karen

Christina said...

You are a strong lady!!!
Blogs are our own personal stuff, if people don't like that they just need to leave =)
It's awesome that you shared this. People need to hear it. You are right bad things happen but the point is to keep moving forward; the constant "motion" pushes us out of our dark times =)
xo

Mindy Lacefield said...

i agree. this, i'm sure, was hard to talk about and share with all of us. I hope one day, i can share more about me publicly. i applaud your bravery girl. i look up to you,,,,i hope you know that. i love you to pieces. your smile makes my heart melt. love you!

tricia said...

you know, i love to read "happy blogs" but the ones that really touch my heart are the ones that are REAL, happy and sad. you, my dear, are real and opening up as you just did was wonderful and brave. i used to be afraid of so many things, one of them was showing how i really feel but if you read any of my old blog posts you will see that not all of it is happy. life is a mix of happy and sad and you writing with courage may just help someone who is feeling the same as you are and who needs to feel like they are not alone in this world.
sending you love. ♥

Jennifer said...

Gloria you are so brave! Thank you for sharing your story even if it is not a happy one. Entertwined in this story is happiness. You are doing what is right for you, but you also see all that has happened for you to be where you are. You are a true inspiration. I miss you dearly and am wishing you the best during this difficult time. I wish we lived closer so that I could come over and learn how to crochet with you. I would love to be able to make a scarf, I love scarves.

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Love you G... you're so strong. I am always here for you! xoxo

Todd said...

Glad to see you are still carrying on Gloria! We can't all have the innocence of children forever - sometimes life is hard. That said, I can't think of anything more worthwhile and important than keeping spirits up as much as humanly possible.

Oh, and half marathon?? I didn't know you were back at it! I'd say 75% chance I'll be back at wcrr next season so hope to see you there.

judy said...

your words are beautiful and so are you. how lucky i am to cross paths with someone so brave and talented. xoxo

Just call me Silly Sal said...

One day at a time, Gloria. It sounds like you are going in the right directions. It must be so hard when it is not just yourself that you are responsible but your children. You are a survivor and will do fine and teach your daughters to be strong also~

Elizabeth Halt said...

you just started and already made that hat and scarf! wow! I'm with kolleen .. let me know if you start selling them! :)

I'm so glad that you're taking the time to care for yourself during all of this. You are so brave and strong and sweet. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. I wish you all the best - and all the space and time and comfort and love you need.

Emily D. said...

I love the scarf and hat you made... they are too cute.

Like Kris said, there isn't some requirement that says we have to always be happy on our blogs.... I'm a good example of not being happy all the time on mine! We are your friends and here for you, to listen, and well, just be there for you. I am sending virtual hugs to you my dear. Things get tough sometimes and life isn't always easy, that's for sure.

Things always get better, it just takes some time.