Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy First day of Summer


Happy First Day of Summer


I live in San Diego and unfortunately we are suffering from June Gloom.  I don't know why but it seems every June the clouds roll in and the sun disappears. Hopefully June Gloom is over.  Today we had consecutive days of sun along the coast.  I wonder if it is a coincidence that the Sun arrived on the first day of summer.  I apologies for not posting more on my blog...  I got into a little bit of a blog funk... I still have a lot to say but I just haven't... I don't like this feeling...


So I want to share a little bit more about my habit-making situation.  I told myself I was going to run for 21 days straight because research has proven that it takes 21 days to form a habit...  I love running because it is a stress reliever. As many of you know, I spend everyday taking care of my handicapped little sister.  It is not an easy job but I feel mentally and physically better after working out.  My short runs average 3.3 miles and my long runs average 12 miles.  In the past 21 days I only missed one day!!! The hardest days for me to get up and run were days 4, 7 and 13.  Once I got passed those days I was good to go.  I am happy to say that I have running fever again. I really try and listen to my body when I run.  I drink lots of water and I rest when I need to.  I also signed up for a bunch of half marathons to keep me focused on my goal… My short-term goal as a runner is to complete some good trail half marathons.  When I say good I mean I want it to be easy. I don't run for time because I don’t want to be disappointed.  I run to for the experience and feeling of accomplishment.  My big goal over the next 6 months is to finish my first 50k, while training for that I plan on running at least 1 full marathon.  Those are my running goals for the rest of the year.  I am excited to share my journey with my peeps.
My summer plans include some light travel (starting this weekend), having fun with my painting and drawing.  Oh yeah and I really want to crochet a bikini for myself...  Is that crazy? 
  I will be sharing pictures from this weekends concert fest getaway next week so be sure to check back… Also, I made this really cute purse to take all my journaling stuff.   When I see a band I like I want to be able to write down their name and what I liked about them. (I am terrible with names)… 
While Carmen and I were hanging out today I painted her portrait... (The one at the top of this post.)  She was so happy she started to cry… I asked her to stop as I was about to cry too:’(  I feel lucky that I am able to care for her, making her laugh along the way.  I know this post is all over the place but that’s my brain for you...
Again, Happy First day of Summer Peeps.
Love G
XOXO

No comments: