Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

I am a dreamer.



Its funny how things work out like me being absent from one of my favorite places...here
I often dream about what I would like my blog to look like and then what I could do here..That's when I get afraid. It feels like stage fright. I blog about what I am passionate about. Things that fuel my quirkiness. My blog is my on line journal about life..So here is whats is going on for me. I have many plans for the new year.
All my plans usually start of as day dreams that I have while I run. Running provides me with a place to dream. I have been dreaming all about what I would like to create for my life in the new year. I want to learn so many things. I was watching this movie about the end of the world and I felt like the main message was life is to short not to love ridiculously. We must find those things we love to do and try doing them.  I find a great escape in moving my body the way running allows me too. Sometimes it feels so easy that my mind just flies away. I am taking a painting class that starts January 1st.
  True Free Spirit
Mindy Is a really sweet girl and her style is whimsical and free.
The class is a all year long and totally affordable. I consider mindy to be my friend and I am really looking forward to making way more time in my life to paint and just creating away. As a teacher I feel she has that ability to help you let that little girl in us paint. I am also going to a retreat she is teaching in San Francisco. 

Color Play with Mindy Lacefield and Carissa Paige

My dreams have been colorful and excited about painting .
Since my dreams are all over the place taking big leaps in running seems to be on my mind a-lot. I run almost everyday even if its just 3 miles. My plans for early next years are a full marathon in January . A half marathon in February along with my second 50k. I always picture myself having such a good time dancing and pretending to fly as I run. Its what I do. I also really like that I have be disciplined. When I run I dream about having my very own house and how cool it would be live in Boulder again. I am not moving but I can dream. I also chose my word for next year on a run. Mindful , I really need to be more mindful of life. I am working on being grateful and more aware of all the blessings I have right in front of me.. The one thing about getting older I love is that I am able to see what I need to work on with in myself and I know when I need to apologize. I am more aware of how lucky I am that I have my 3 kids.. I can not ever even begin to imagine what would happen if I did not have them. There is so much I dream about and so much I know I take for granted that I want to work on being more simple and grateful. I dream about forgiving. How good it would feel to just let go...I did forgive my x husband this month. I am even taking the time to acknowledge what I did wrong in my marriage. That is big for me. I was not the perfect wife and I know that but I am woking on just being good friends. Good Parents to our kids. Forgiving myself and him was big but its also taken a huge weight of my shoulder. 
So I am off to run with my dad this morning and I hope you are happy and that this post did not bore you. I like you am just trying to figure my life out and making it the sweetest I can.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hI gLORIA, i MAY BE YOUR FIRST comment of the year and I am excited to have met your through lookng up a griend of my mom's Gloria King who could probably be your grand-mother, me too as a m atter of fact I am also a mom, a single mom, I am a free spirit but I have a permanen t lable which is bipolar, believe me after 30 yrs of therapy i have learned to accept the unique person that God has made me too, creative, spunky, straight up about everything, my new nickname is Barbie... I am a professional artistic photographer and although on disability have a lot of volunteer hours in various causes which i have been up-keeping since 2005. My latest 2 endeavors are being "The Voice of The Poor" for The world renkown Catholic outreach program starte and called St. vincent de Paul. He was the Saint that started the meaning of charity, you may or may not believe in saints, but this ma n's life is a t4estimony to charity and making sure human rights of the poor are maintained. Before him the rich had no idea about the poor, before him the poor were outcasts and hopeless. I am happy to see you are also a great photographer. I love my three children too, my son Jackson is 14 he lives with his dad since he was 13, a year and a half ago but I raised him and Mourad, my eldest son, whose name means "he who has been desired". he lost his dad to a suicide 1 week before his 3rd birthday. he has struggled with life and this permanent hole that his father has left in him but he is now strong, courageous and although he has picked Allah, i can truly say he is with God. I am a Christian catholic but my husabnd was arabic, half Italian, 1/2 Tunisian and a non-practicing Muslim. I used to think that was cool that he ate pork and drank beer. the seocnd he died I knew he had been lost without God in his life. i think partially he died to give me my son back. We had split custody and had he insisted more on my mental health issues i would have lost custody completely. he did not take my son whom he was meant to pcik up that very night at his daycare. But it is a new year and I don't want to bore you to tears with this very sad and tragic history that is now in the past for me and my son. I hope your creative mind will remain safe and I encourage you to explore your own creativity which apparently you have even been able to post on line. Power to you, friends and followers of true ideals will follow you. Creativity leads to more creativity and free spirits meet across all barriors, look how God put you in my path. oh i forgot to mention my beloved emotionally adopted daughter Dominique who lives in brussels, Belgium, whenst I am from, with her boyfriend Xavier and my first grand-daughter, belinda, too cute to tell on, Mourad is 19yrs old and has a very serious muslim girl that is his very best friend, she is gorgeous highly feminine and so sweet. how old are your precious children? I'm not good at posting pictures but I will try to keep up with you if I ca n figure it out. Barbie - happy New year Gloria, i don't do facebook , just e-mails and my phone is 321-221-0366, make sure you tell me you are the young Gloria King if you ever call me. Take care, keep in touch, i will be there for you too.