Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Running Ramblings

Running has changed my life is so many ways. Its until lately that as I look around what I am cultivating in my life that I can see it so clearly. I ran my first marathon 2004 and for me the training was the best part. I lived in Boulder Colorado ( one of the most beautiful places on this planet ) and I ran with Team in Training. I ran for my late husband ( paola's dad ) roger died of cancer at the age of 26. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him . He was bald chubby funny and I can honestly say that I think he was the first person to really see me. I was crazy in love with him. So I ran for him and I was hooked.  I pushed a double stroller everyday for 5 miles and when I saw a race I signed up drove there ran alone  and came home. It was and still is one of the feelings I love the most. Showing up for me. Now that I have been running for 11 years I know what works for me. I am changing my diet all the time and I am always working on my posture. Good form goes along way. Running has made me take charge of my time differently too. I plan around my daily run.  I take the kids to school and then come home and let Jack nap. Then I clean up make beds. ( I make all the beds in my house everyday) Its a habit I picked up and its a good one. Then when Jack wakes up I feed him and read a couple books to him and start dinner. Then I put him in the stroller and we go. Its perfect he likes it and so do I. I put my I phone in the side pocket in the BOB and put on baby Einstein music from Pandora  in the stroller.
We stop at the swings and on the way back he falls asleep. I never g to longer than 9 miles or 10 depending on his nap. Then we come home get in the tub and LIFE goes on , but whats changed is I get it. I get how lucky I am to be able to run so I try not to take it for granted. This sport has made me more grateful more alive and more aware. Today for breakfast I had sweet potatoes but then again yesterday I had Mcdonalds.. I am not sure if this makes much sense but its me. 

No comments: