Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Its a wrap

Sunday Run day
I am happy that the week this week is all done and it was not all easy miles.  Training for a 50 miler is harder than I thought. I don't really know if I thought about how hard it would be. Once I get started its good but its always those first 3 miles I feel slow and sluggish. I was supposed to run 50 miles but I ran 46 and that is fine with me. I thought about how much I love my children on my run today and how lucky I feel to have them all in my house right now. It is crazy how you get to that point in your life where you rather be home playing a board game or watching a movie with your family than any where else doing anything else. I have incorporated movie night at our house. As my kids got older we stopped watching TV together . I was never a TV person but my kids like some shows so I learn to like them too. 

Yesterday we all hung out and watched a movie no I phones no computers . Just the big TV and us. We all ended up on the floor hanging out. I felt tired from the 20 miles I ran earlier but many times I feel like running helps me stop and really see whats important . The being tired is almost a good thing (sometimes) because I just watch this miracle of little people I made hanging out and I am in awe. I love there voices and the fighting and the singing. Now that Jack is a part of our life I love his little high pitched voice making sounds because he wants to talk too…Our life is short it does not last forever so I feel like doing something everyday with them is so important. That something  is often  hanging out all together on the floor reading ..
I read this awesome quote by the awesome Kara Goucher.
This is how I feel about running today.
---------------------------------------
That's the thing about running your greatest runs are rarely measured by racing success. They are moments in time when running allows you to see how wonderful your life is.

No comments: