Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Post 1000 is on today

This is my 1000 post. I started my blog many years ago. I thought this was a perfect way to journal and share my passions. I have gone from scrap booking to knitting to crochet to painting all that time running and sharing all about my races. Those stories are here on my blog. All the stories that make me happy. 
Today I spent most of the day hiking with my kids at the Cleavland National Forrest. My son asked me if we could wake up early and go hiking.  I said really ?? and he said yes. I woke up this morning and let them sleep in a little bit because there on break and then before I knew it we were in the car driving to the mountains. It was that easy. They really wanted to go.(so inside I was super happy but played it of as cool mom ) Isabella even wore a little deer outfit. There is nothing that could make me happier except maybe living in the mountains. The drive is hard on Jack its about an hour drive, he hates the car. Isabella was a big help singing to him and keeping him happy. Christopher carried Jack in the back pack for most of the way and this made Jack very happy. Isabella and I fallowed behind because I was being paranoid mom. ( Don't drop the baby )
 We talked so much on our hike. We talked about what they wanted to be when they grew up. How they plan on getting a job. We talked about high school and there was a-lot of questions about how hard its going to be. We talked about our dream house in the mountains and many times it was said..We are so lucky we have each other. I asked them what there favorite part was about having a family and they said dinner time. When we sit together and eat your food mom. We sit and talk and eat and talk. I love that. We laid on the ground and looked up at the sky. Even jack was just laying there looking at all the clouds. I felt like what we were doing was sweet and just sharing with ourselves moments I hope we always remember. Isabella said mom we are under my favorite food Mashed potatoes. The clouds looked huge and fluffily and dark.  It was cold out but we came prepared. I brought snack that consisted of cut up apples and oranges and nuts and cheese and everything was gone by the time we made it back to the car. Another thing I love is when my kids eat. We all took turns carrying Jack. Jack kept talking and we sang songs it was really good. Have you ever had a day that you thought to yourself if I die today I am OK..That is how I felt. I had the perfect combinations of things I love. My kids the mountains and fall was in the air. I wish everyday was like today but that would get old too. So I am so very grateful that I had today. When we came over the hill and to our car this is what I saw. The sun was setting over the trees saying Thank you G for visiting and I in return said Thank you Universe for your sharing your beauty . Sometimes it just all comes together. So for my 1000 post all I can really say is that today was a grand day.

No comments: