Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

Ultra Training with friends

This is the hat I will be wearing for my first 100 mile race next Saturday. Finding a group that was training for the same races and had such a great group of runners has made all the difference in the world to me. I know its a good thing race day is almost here but at the same time it has been awesome training with my friends and I do not want it to end. I look forward to the weekends because I know I get to see everyone and catch up with them. I have learned that working toward a goal is always more fun when you do it with friends.
The Trail Crashers  is the name of our group. They plan all of our runs depending on what race we are training for. They never leave a runner behind on the trail. ( being ditched sucks) They give us good nutritional advice and they show up to every training run. There a solid group and they care. I wish everyone had a group to run with like ours I totally recommend joining a running group. Specially when training for 100 miles. Its not like you won't have time to run alone:)

So excuse me if I have been a little quite over here I wake up and go to sleep with butterflies in my tummy.. just 7 more days

No comments: