Pages

Friday, July 3, 2015

Joy in Running

Its funny I don't remember where I took this picture. I am sitting in my living room and I can't sleep because I was so tired today that after my 2 hour nap in the middle of the day I had a cup of coffee and here I am. I have been thinking a-lot about the amount of hours I have spent  running , hiking the last two months. I feel like a glass that is completely full when I run. I also get that recovering from being full takes time and sleep. It has been such a Joy to have all those memories. My favorite one is when I stood up on a rock at the SD100 and just held my arms out because I felt so alive. I hope I can keep running until I am really old. There is just something magical about being outside and being able to move for miles and miles. Its almost like you have some king of super power. The being completely present power. Maybe that's it . So many people talk about being in the now. I feel that when I am with my almost 2 year old because he is so real and raw. I also get that when I am running and tired and hot and things hurt a little bit. You know you feel your body its asking you for something and you know it. Maybe that's why the longer distance can be so rewarding because there is no escaping the you in your own pain and I will take that any day. I want that time with myself. When your raw like that its so good. For me anyway I like breaking down and away from all the crap and just knowing everything will be just fine because here I am and I am just fine. I hope I don't forget that ever. I hope I always find the Joy in the me that runs.

No comments: