Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Yeah to Half Marathons


This past weekend I went on a little road trip with one of my favorite girlfriends . My  friend and I drove to Los Angeles to run the Rock and Roll half marathon.  She asked me to run with her just a couple days ago and I said yes before she was done asking. We left a little late and traffic was crazy so 3 hours later we got to the Sport Expo to pick up our bibs with about 15 minutes to spare. We barely made it. The expo was shutting down so we didn't get to really look around and that made us sad. I love the Expos. I managed to buy a pair of Altras at a great price with only 15 minutes to spare. I still bought something. That's a gift. I also bought a little shirt for Jack. Then we went to have dinner at this Italian restaurant that was crazy good. My girl friend is the queen of picking out super deliciuos places to eat.  Bottega Louie Restaurant  and Gourmet Bakery.  If you are ever in L.A. this place is a must. They don't take reservations either. We only had to wait for about 20 minutes. They also had valet parking and its as totally affordable. Then we headed of to the hotel and got ready for race day.
Sunday mornings sunrise was just beautiful. The sky looks like a painting . The weather was also perfect. Charlene and I started  corral 12. We only stayed together for the start then we each did our own thing. I was curious to see how I would do running on pavement and not the mountains. This felt way easier. I was never out of breath and I never struggled. ( I struggle on trails) This welt like a nice easy run. The last Rock and Roll marathon I ran was in 2011. It was cool to hear all the bands and see all the people in Halloween costumes.

 I ran it in 2:03 minutes . I was happy with that. I thought it would take me way longer I forgot I could run faster that 13/14 min mile. I was super happy with my results. Then I went to the finish line to cheer for my girlfriend. As I was there cheering everyone on I was reminded once again what a blessing it is to have something like this in my life. It does not matter how long it takes you what matters is that you show up. That's the thing something like this you really are showing up for yourself and it's a great way to practice self love. Yeah to life !

No comments: