Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Pirates Cove 12 hour race review

I arrived at Lake Cuyamaca around 7am. That means I left my house at 5:15 am ( The getting up in the morning part not fun) Once I arrived at the start  I was greeted with a good morning by the legend Scott Mills. That is always a good sign. Then I found my friend Julianne she was my Western States pacer and now my trail sister. This was a loop race so I kinda put out what I thought I would need neat the side of the start line and waited to start. Every thing was well planned and the race went of right on time at 8:am.

It was a 1.7 mile loop. It had a small hill and it was not flat. This 1.7 mile stretch had a lot going on and I was grateful for that. This was not a boring course. My dad came out and ran 6 miles with me less than 3 miles 3 loops. I was having a great day just running in circles and hanging out. I never got tired or down I felt super lucky to be able to spend the day outside surrounded by running doing what I love.
I passed this tree 25 times and it never got old.


 My friend Phillip killing it.
I told you the Lake was showing off. I mean look at this picture. It was so so peaceful and pretty. The only part that sucked about the lake was the freezing wind that was coming off of it.

I just kept going and going. It got really cold about this time but I was running until 8 pm so I knew I would only be in the cold for an hour or so. That made it bearable. 

This was a fun race and I am happy I decided to take part in it. I totally recommend running it maybe with some friends. This would make a great first ultra too. SO much fun !!

My friend Becca sent me a text.. Look I got first female in the 12 hour race !!! How cool is that.  Here is what I learned at this race. cryo therapy worked really well for me. I did it the day before the race it totally helped. I went into this race with 4o miles on my legs and my legs where just tired so yes it helped.
I kept eating the entire race and that worked well. I did hatred down tailwind and it worked great. I also like carbo pro but this time I just used the tailwind and I was fine. There you go !! This weekend is a 22/20 weekend. Wish me luck and have a great week .

No comments: