Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Its almost that time. LOST BOYS

Lost Boys is this weekend !!!
Here we go again. I am excited and nervous about Saturday's race. I think it might be the last Lost Boys 50k and 50 miler. This will be my 3rd year running it. The course is insanely beautiful. I am going to try and take pictures this year. I love this race for several reasons. This truly feels like an adventure run to me.
First you get picked up at 3:30 am and you get a bus drive down to the bottom of the Anza Borego Desert. There they proceed to drop you off and at 5am you start running.
There are two distances this year 50k and 50 miler. I will be running the 50 miler and I my bib is number 40 this year. Last year I was 39. You run about 25 miles up the desert and then when you get to the mountains you run another 25 to the finish line !!
50 mile baby !!!!! I love hate this distance because its a butt kicker.


So here is what I would like to do this weekend. See my time from last year 11:37 ..I want to beat that time by 15 minutes. I remember thinking last year that there was no way I could go any faster and I have worked so much harder this year on my running that I think unless something goes wrong I can do 11:15. That's right you heard it here first. I don't care what place I come in what I want is to do better than I did last year. I am racing myself peeps.
I am also excited to see how my nutrition goes . I need to eat solid food out there. So wish me luck and I hope you have an awesome weekend.

No comments: