Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Ramblings from Gloria's brain.....

You know how sometimes your supposed to be somewhere but it keeps escaping you? You see it you try holding on to it only see it slip from your fingers..Life does that , and being a girl on top of that just makes it that much more interesting..I feel heavy sometimes. I am trying to do the right thing ..you know... be kind , love , listen , stop look around ,count my blessings...all of the above, still sometimes days are just to much..a friend told me today that when this happens to try just acknowledge I am having a tough day..to let that yucky feeling I have go through me..That it was OK to cry..because I would be OK soon..so why am I sharing this because I don't think I really knew that...did you ? I am giving myself permission to be sad and I know it will pass...I understand that and believe that..We need to give ourselves permission to not be perfect and to feel...and that will help us become who we are ....My friend Carrie gave me this little owl tiny wind up toy...(thank You C..:) My real mom gave this mushroom and I love it...(thank you) they were hanging out in the back yard when I saw them so I took there picture...

Check this out my birth dad made this for me...Its the first thing I have ever had from him..He has been in heaven for a long time..so when my mom walked out of her house and said look I found this...Your dad made it for you 32 years ago...well I thanked him immediately and now I look at it and it makes me happy and sad all together..chocolate milk emotion....(thanks dad)
Then my sweet friend Nelly..made this for me...perfect little bag..made just for me....she took the time to make it and I love it..(thanks Nelly)
so, I am kinda everywhere today...and its OK not to be happy 24/7...I still love and am grateful for so many things...I feel blessed to be here and lucky to be able to open up on my little blog that has connected me to some of the woman I admire and love the most....I did have a hell of a run yesterday...and tomorrow morning I plan on doing the same thing so there you go stuff to look foward too...ramblings from Gloria's brain...

2 comments:

Kolleen said...

i love your ramblings and you are so right....we need to give ourselves permission to not be perfect and to feel....

i just read that today...one of the secrets to conscious living is to be truly connected to our feelings and to REALLY feel them....even the really tough, icky stuff. it has a beginning, middle and end!

love what your birth dad made for you...such a precious treasure and i adore the sweet little bag nelly made for you....so cute!

sending you love and hugs!
xoxox
k

chrissy said...

i too love your ramblings.
i love your thinking.
i love your heart.

i want a friend named nelly.

loves to you dear scarf sister.
c