Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

How was the run...

The train run was a-lot of fun...I never thought that I would think running 21 miles would be fun but it was...My coach is a really nice guy and the group was in a good mood. I had my I-Pod ready to go with really good music...all kinds. No one else in our group carries an I-pod so we played a game...Gloria sings the song and everyone tries to figure out the name and title. I am so happy at this point. I am singing ,running and i have a skirt on...I am a happy girl....My dad bought me new shoes for mt birthday too..
Yes, here I am right before we took off and I can honestly write that I am totally ready to run the Rock and Roll...I am going for 4 hours.....not 3:59:59. I think I am going to need that extra second....I love running...I really do. I don't worry when I run ..Its pretty much my cherry on top of my chocolate fudge Sunday.......so what was my time for 21 miles...3:13

7 comments:

Kelly Berkey said...

You my dear are amazing and adorable! I need one of those skirts to run in...though I usually only go 3-5 miles!
MUAH!
Kelly

patty said...

Gloria! I did not realize that you were training for a marathon. How awesome is that?? I am super impressed! My farthest run ever was 8 miles and that was a really long time ago. It is so great to see you doing something so positive after the stuff you have had to deal with this year. 21 miles? You are almost there - you go, girl!!! Oh, and happy, happy birthday - cool shoes!!

Jenn said...

I'm with Kelly on the 3-5 mile, 21 WOW! you go!

Love, Carrie said...

you are getting FAST girl! that's crazy fast time! you look super cute in your new running gear BTW :)

Elizabeth Halt said...

I love running skirts. Best thing ever.

You have fabulous legs, my dear! And it sounds like you are SO ready for that marathon!

Jennifer said...

you are just adorable. and such a rock star. I am so proud of you for doing this. Keep stepping forward gloria. The world is welcoming you with wide open loving arms.

K8 said...

you're so inspiring! makes my 10k in a few weeks seem a little more manageable. :)