Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Where are you Miss G...

After sitting around and feeling sorry for myself because I miss my kids...and its so weird not having them yelling in the back round...or calling my name ..This is my first sharing the kids with the x husband existence..so its been weird getting used to that whole idea...but here I am and I am okay..and they will be home ,not soon enough but they will be back..so I said to my self ...OK self what are we going to do today...I heard this little voice in my head say...You need to go outside..so I did...and I took my camera because that's what everyone does...right?
I saw little paths that took me happier places...I stopped and just was present...and when I felt sad or when I felt sorry for myself..

I stopped and looked at my wonderful boots that I just adore and then my favorite bell bottom jeans and told myself this...Miss G ,I recognise the fact that your are feeling unsettled and sad..Its because there is a -lot of change in your life right now and for a girl that love s routine that's hard ..so Miss G its OK to feel sad...but that does not mean that being sad has to be your ruling emotion you can feel sad but don't let take over..just be aware of why its there and go be happy...
So I was and I am ....and will continue to try to recognise what I am feeling sit with it a bit..but then continue to take baby steps forward...because that's how I would like to live my life..moving forward in a positive direction despite all the minor set backs..because only I can make that happen for myself....so that's that...

8 comments:

D said...

Good for you for getting out and taking a walk. Hope you have something fun planned just for you this weekend. Hugs.

Mindy Lacefield said...

so glad that you got out of the house for some fresh air and a fresh perspective. it does a body good!!!
btw...i love your boots and jeans.

have fun girl. go out and have a martini....wish i was there to have a sippa with you.

xo

Denise said...

You're doing the right things. Continue to take care of yourself and take advantage of the ME time. Nothing wrong with being a little selfish - makes you a bettery mommy to those sweet kids. Since I'm going through the same thing (except kids are grown) I know those feelings you have and they're normal and you have to take them as they come and deal with them as they come. When you need to cry, cry. When you need moral support, call your good friends. Above all, know that with time, your positive attitude and some work, you can get through this and be the better for it. I know you have it in you!

Teri said...

YOU can do anything you set your mind to do. You are the most creative person I know in so many different ways. I know you are going to be fine...in fact better then fine, you will thrive

patty said...

Gloria, you are so on your way to a happy future. I can just feel it! It's just great that you are documenting all of this. It really helps to clarify your thoughts and you can go back later and see how all the pieces fit together. I love how you call yourself Miss G. Too cute!!

Elizabeth Halt said...

You're doing the right things for yourself. Fresh air and sunshine always helps me. I hope you have something fun planned for yourself this weekend!

Kolleen said...

Miss G is absolutely positively moving forward with her brave, beautiful self!!!!

i love how you are tending to yourself and nurturing your emotions and giving yourself that time and space that is necessary....and knowing it is okay to have those moments of sadness.

i always try to tell myself "this too shall pass"..

xoxoxo
love you so,
k

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

yep. be present, live in the here and now and know it is all happening exactly as its supposed to!