Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Palm Spring tram

My creation
So now that I only have my kids every other weekend which royally stinks because I do miss them. OK.. the bright side is I have committed myself to spending lots of fun weekends with them. OK.. so I am on a budget but Its kinda cool to try to find things we can experience together that are new and affordable. So last weekend since I had not had them for a full weekend in forever I just melted in fun- ness ( i know this is not a word) with them. Sunday we went to The Palm Springs Tram.. breathtaking journey up the sheer cliffs of Chino Canyon. Begin the 10 minute ride at the Valley Station – elevation 2,643 ft. and end at the Mountain Station – elevation 8,516 ft. The tram rotates inside so the kids and me too thought this was so much fun. I just got really excited. Here I am in San Diego were its raining and 2 hours away there is a ton of snow and just a super cool experience. My kids went sledding and it was just so beautiful. I didn't have my camera so I cant really show you what I thought was so beautiful but the expirience was amazing. Cold but amazing. So if you live with in a couple hours of Palm springs dont miss the tram..I cant wait to go back and maybe try snow shoeing. Sounds fun hu. Walking with tennis rackets on your feet...yaeh..
http://www.pstramway.com/index.html

1 comment:

patty said...

Gloria, I have been wanting to do this and was hoping kate and you and i could go, but now i will just have to figure out a way to make it happen. i have been to idyllwild many times, but not on the tram. looks sooo fun!!