Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Sundays Xterra run

OK so this is the starting line for the Xterra race. 15k of trail running and yes this one was hard. First of all I thought was going to be on time but my dad convinced me on the way that he knew how to get there and if you know me you wold know I am direction handicapped so I went with what my dad said but he was wrong so after a little getting lost to finding the coarse situation happenings. We found it but the sad thing was i stared 20 minutes late. The really good thing about starting late is all the cool people I met at the way back I never would of met at the front.
This race consisted of running up and down 3 steep hills and it hard and I was tired after the first hill but then I started talking to all the cool 80 year old men running.. I met a lady named Maggie who is a hard core runner and she has ran 3 100 milers and was 51. I love talking to her until she told me to be quite I am trying to run here. Then I moved up and so on. I loved this race because it was so challenging but also because i pretty much ran it alone. except for the peeps who were nice and told me there running stories. I loved that.
Oh and I have a new fav music for my I-pod. The Gypsy Kings . I listen to them and pretend I am dancing flamenco in Spain with a re and white polka dot dress. That was my run dream this Sunday. Have you ever ran ? You should try a little bit if you can. Its so great and fun.
Here we are my dad and I. Yes I wore the same shirt both days. Yes I washed it. I just love it because it protects me from the sun .
I did this 15k in one hour and 33 minutes. that's fine for me. I hope you had a great weekend too. Happy Monday...G
so I found this guys blog and he made a short video of the run... cool stuff
http://run2sd.blogspot.com/

No comments: