Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A little note..

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.
-Mary Pickford


So this quote was sent to me via email to me...
its perfect hu....
So last night I was at Ballet class..I know , your thinking really Ballet..Those thoughts crossed my mind too when I signed up.
I kinda stink at it. So there I am starting a class that's way to advanced for me..
So last night the girls are doing there oh so elegant jumps..
I cant even figure out which foot goes first to go into my jump.
I forgot to tell you there are little girls in my class
So this cute as a button 9 year old is explaining to me what to do.
I don't get it..
at all .....................
Its my turn and i am supposed to do a I don't know what into a really you think I can do that then point.
I was frustrated and every one was watching and i sucked at it.
The teacher looks at me and says...
Miss Gloria have patience with yourself ..
I will not have failure in my class
I don't want my student to feel defeated
You cant expect to get this in a month...

I have been thinking about this..
Is giving up even an option ?
I dont think so..
Even if I suck at something today..
So what..
Who cares..
Can you imagine if we were good at everything we tried for the first time.
What if we decided to take up painting and holy cow!!!
We pick a paint brush and it perfect..
The perfect girl with that magical eyes and hands that look just perfect.
How many paintings do you think we would create.
What would happen with out the learning curve
The lessons we would miss out on.
The friends we wouldn't meet because we didn't need classes..
..................................................................................................
BORING
BORING
BORING
.....................................................................................
now just practice and when your ready start over.
THAT'S WHAT MY BALLET TEACHER TOLD ME...
be patient with yourself...
That goes for everything in life.
Saying sorry and starting over
Not giving up on a passion you feel inside because you need practice..
just start over
everyday is a gift .
We should not give up
Its OK to suck at something today just keep at it..
practice..everyday should be practice for a better tomorow ( I like that)
so
if you read a blog post you feel she might need a little lift leave a comment...
If your co worker looks defeated give them a smile
I am thinking that if we just keep trying and we don't give up
The possibilities are endless..
We can become better friends
better artist...moms...runners...
be nicer to ourselves..
Practice all those things and just get up...if you feel you cant get up right now
ask a friend to help you up....
have a safe weekend and I guess I am in the blogging mode now..
G


1 comment:

Kelly Berkey said...

G, you are taking ballet?? That, my friend, ROCKS!! And yes, keep at it, you will be amazed at what your body can do once trained. I do just the bar exercises for the most part (no room to really dance) and it's just a great feeling for your body to move that way.
Great post, I so needed this reminder right now.
Smooches!