Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

So I have been thinking...

I have to tell you that I have officially started running again...
I took some time off with out really wanting too..
but just because I guess It did not sound like a-lot of fun.
My dad is was injured and well that was a great excuse for me to not run.
I think I was a little lazy and yes trying to be a single mom ,work and then add running
I was not having it....
I was reading one of my girlfriends blogs and she asked the question ...
How do you get yourself to do something you know is good for you but you just don't want to do ?
My answer is this... Things that are hard for us to do usually require work.
They usually require a change in habits and will power..
Lots of just do it will power..
So for me what works is getting others involved . Asking a friend to meet me for a run. Having my dad come over after work and say OK ..I am here go run ..Now !!!!
Joining groups of people who do what you like...
watching movies that are about what your passionate about...
surrounding your self with positive energy that has to do with what you want to change.
I ran a couple days last week but it was enough to jump start my sleepy running G.
Its not easy, sometimes I get out there and just sit in my car telling myself just go ten minutes then you can stop...Well, After ten minutes I am not about to stop....
Yes little mind tricks...
So I expect to start babbling about running again and how much I love it...
xoxo,
G



"Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them." -Albert Einstein

3 comments:

Kelly Berkey said...

run g, run!! i'm loving your courage to be a better you!! xo

patty said...

Peaks and valleys, highs and lows, ebbs and flows.... it's the way of life. Kudos to you, G, for what you have already done and what you are still going to do!!!

kelly barton art + design said...

i can't even tell you how much i needed this one.
i have been saying for months i am going to start
running again and get some of this weight off.
of course, one thing after another keeps hitting.
but having the kids dad get so sick, i know
i have to make a better effort of taking care of me.
they need me . and i need to feel better.

you inspire me. so thank you.