Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Space Between Part 1

Last Friday I found myself arriving at a very special event that I had been looking forward too for a while.
I think it’s beneficial to my being to schedule a couple of weekends a year to get together with other girls and harvest the creative side of my brain...  I have found that this experience fills me with hope and joyfulness.  It also gives me something to look forward to.  I think it’s really important to plan that stuff out.  You should try it… If I had the money and the time I would go to as many retreats as possible.  



This past Friday my friend Charleen and I arrived at The Space Between Art retreat put on by a Patty Waite.  I live in Sunny San Diego, so imagine my surprise when we drove an hour and a half away to Palomar Mountain and it was snowing.  When we arrived I was so happy our beautiful Cabin.  It was so “Fancy”…  My favorite part of any retreat, once I get past the nervousness, is making new friends and looking through the goody bags. (Patty made great goody bags) Patty had put together some really great power points and we did some really fun word exercises. It was very sweet and cozy with candles lit, the fireplace burning and watching the snowfall through the huge picture windows.


By the time we arrived it was late and we went to bed soon after that. OK wait yes a couple of us stayed up and talked for hours. When we woke up the next day Patty had arranged for one of the girls, who lives on the mountain, to take us on a hike.  Terri led us on a three-mile jaunt and shared with us all the history of Mt. Palomar... It was so cool to be walking among the huge trees while walking on the crisp snow. It was a great treat for this girl. Here we are exploring...

We hiked for about 3 miles and just took it all in.

Hanging with my girlfriends is one the top ten things I love to do.
Ok I will post all about our art tomorrow.
have a happy Thursday
xoxo
G


1 comment:

chrissy said...

love that you did this with sweet patty!