Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Space between part 2


The Space Between Part 2...
So after we all settled in and got to know each other Bonnie made some wonderful cookies.  Then we got into the art part of the retreat. Patty led us in some wonderful exercises and showed us some fun art journaling tricks.

This is our art table... It looks like candy don't you think? Everyone was in a great place playing with words and paints, coloring and sharing our creations.  It was a perfect day.  Getting started is my favorite part of the creating process with friends. I especially like the noise associated with the hustle and bustle…  I also love the part right after we have been taught something new when the room gets quite because everyone has found their creative art tingle…
I found this quote and thought it was perfect for what I was feeling.
All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness.
::: Eckhart Tolle ::: 
Here is my creation...
I call it
"Sweet Spirits..."


My Girlfriend created this sweet page of her husband and daughter in her art journal… She loves purple and she loves glitter and it is evident in her work of Art… There is so much in love in art... I will share pictures of the wonderful ladies I meet tomorrow.
xoxo
 G

1 comment:

patty said...

Gloria I love this so much!! At all the retreats I have been the only one blogging about it so I love reading someone else's impressions and perspective. It was such a joy having you - thank you!!!!