Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Celebration

My heart felt very full yesterday when my mom invited us all over to celebrate my sons 11th birthday.  I am very grateful to have such a wonderful and very real family.  The best thing about family is that for the most part, especially in mine, we all know each other really well and we love each other just the same. There is nothing that could stop me from loving my brothers or sisters.  I feel such  a loyalty to them.  I love having a group of people that I am a part of for life.  Yes, we annoy each other and it's not perfect but the love is always there.  So when my mom invited us over to celebrates my sons birthday I was  excited to have my son experience of having everyone show up for him.  My son has grown up so much in the last 5 months.  He is able to understand how cool it is to have a lots of cousins, aunts and uncles.  While at my moms house we were able to put my sister in her wheel chair and she hung out by the pool.  She was very excited pointing to the kids in the pool and looking at the dog and feeling the warm sun on her face.  Having her out of her room and hanging out with us made the day extra special.  We are really lucky she is happy, healthy and still with us. The celebration of my son's birthday was a success.  As my moms boyfriend said to my son, "Christopher we are very lucky you had a birthday so we could all get together and celebrate you," that sums it up.

No comments: