Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Running Thoughts

I wanted to share a little bit about whats going on in my world today. I am still happy I finished my first 50k. I believe that I have done two races that I really know I did all my training for . I know both times physically it paid off. What I mean by that is not that I lost weight because I weight between 125 to 130 no matter what I do. My body like that weight so I do not fight it. What I mean is that I because I did all my training and during my races I never hit a wall. That made my running experience so much better. Hitting the wall sucks. For me when I first started running marathons miles 17 to 21 were painful. I convinced myself I could not get passed 20. The more I ran and the farther I went that 20 mile block went away. Its true the more you practice the better your body learns what it is you wanted to do and next thing you know your there. So I am looking at new races that are in beautiful new places. I have found a couple as soon as I sign up I will let you know. I am running the Long Beach Marathon this sunday and that should fun . I love a challenge and for me getting there is the fun part..I learn a-lot about myself and what I can do..

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Good Luck on Sunday!