Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Openwork Beanie/ The Ragnar

I have a new book. Crochet Boutique by Rachael Oglesby
I am once again inspired to bring out the yarn and sit on the couch and crochet my little heart away. My first project was this cute beanie. The instructions were simple, easy to follow and the pictures make you want to crochet. 
I wont get a chance to do much this weekend since I will be going to Vegas to run the Ragnar Race.  The Ragnar is an overnight running relay race that makes testing your limits a team sport. A team is made up of 6-12 individuals; each individual runs 3 legs. The legs of the race vary in difficulty and distance, from 3-8 miles, allowing elite and novice runners to run together. Over 2 days and 1 night, teams run across 200 miles of the country’s most scenic terrain. Pair that with crazy costumes, inside jokes, a great finish line party and unforgettable stories. Some call it a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant.


I will be running 3 legs totaling 26 miles.  My dad will be coming with me too. This should be an interesting weekend. I will make sure to take lots of pictures. I just want to say that I feel incredibly grateful for my health. I love that I can run and swim and that even though I drive a lot for work I am so happy I have a job. I am grateful that God blessed me with my wonderful children. I totally understand that the most important things in life can not be bought they have to be felt with our heart.

xoxo
G

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I would love, love, love to run a race like this with you one day. xo