Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Post Event Blues

I am sitting here in my house and I am feeling so grateful for my experience last week. I am also feeling sad that it has passed:(
 Is this what they call post race blues or is it that I feel really lucky that I got to spend time with 11 cool ass people. I think it's both... You know how the older you get the harder it is to meet people, especially people who are genuine, real, kind and caring? Last week taught me a couple things about life outside of running.  Ironically the were lessons taught to me by this amazing sport.  The first lesson I learned is to be a better active listener.  The second is don't be shy.  I feel people just want to find good friends. Lastly, is to just be aware of how incredibly lucky I am. I had a great time running with my dad and I cultivated some really cool relationships.  
Last weekend was so great.  I ran in the middle of the night with this amazing skyline in front of me.  Off in the distance were the lights of Las Vegas.  I had cool peeps checking in on me to make sure I was OK.  I pretty much got to experience my favorite hobby ever
under amazing conditions..
Hello Universe and Thank You !!! 

 I wanted to share this video because this is how I felt when my dad was running..


So yes I am feeling a little sad that it has passed. My heart does feel really grateful for the experience.. I am happy that I was not shy about taking pictures.  When I can look back at them I smile. I want to share our group motto.
"No Loffer left behind."
 We are a normal bunch of people who run at all paces. OK not all paces we are not slow we run at the perfect pace. What is that pace?  It's whatever pace your are at .. They try hard to treat each other with respect. They show up for each other. Relationships are the most important part of life. The people we meet, the people we let in to our lives.  That's what life is all about shared, experiences. God knows we all have enough bad ones experiences so when you have a chance to be a part of something special don't think about it. Just do it ! You might just find a group of really nice people like I did. 

I was crazy happy to come home to my little munchkins. They make post race blues go away fast. I hope you are warm and thank you for stopping by and reading my blog all these pictures were taken on my I-phone.
Happy Running

No comments: