Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

25.7 Trail Miles

A friend told me about a trail run that was going on this Saturday. It was going to be 26.2 miles . I thought to myself I really need to get some good trail miles in since I have very little experience on the trail. My friends husband wanted to go too and that was perfect because he would not let me get lost.. I was so happy about that.  I got up at 4 am and was out the door by 5 am. I had a ride and we where there by 6:30 and ready to run by 7. 

It was so hard at the beginning. I could not catch my breath and my legs felt like bricks. I had a simple breakfast and I only had a bit of coffee so I was surprised I felt so tired. Maybe I had not recovered from last Sunday or maybe running on a trail is hard and so  different then running on the road. On a trail like the one we where at you have to focus on every step and it felt like a whole body work out.

I am happy to report that by mile 3 I felt good. I could breath and my legs felt relaxed. It was getting hot but not humid so I was fine.

Jeff started feeling sick around mile 17. He was hot and we stopped at Jack in the box on the way in and he had a burrito that all I can say his tummy was a mess. So we started walking and we ended up walking about 6 miles.

The views where amazing and the sky was beautiful.. I loved walking and I did not mind it at all. Its was so pretty.

On this road the adventure started, we decided to walk on the road because Jeff was feeling bad and this way if we needed to ask for a ride we could. We started running on the road and we had what we though was a 3 mile run. 

I felt like I was in a movie ..I was running on the road and I thought to myself I love this. Its what I love. I put on my head phones and put John Mayer on and started on my way.. Gloria was smiling ..

I turned out to be 4 miles and add that to the trail miles that would put us at 25.7 miles. It was awesome ..

We are all done and now its was time to celebrate..That was a long day 5:30 hours of hard work. This is what I learned . If I want to run on trails I have to run trails a-lot more. I have so much to learn.. I need to work way harder and I need to get stronger. Maybe run a little less and work out a little more. I am so happy for friends who are willing to go out and run with you. I am so happy that little man got to spend some good time with how dad.  How did we celebrate we had a Coke and a smile… Happy Miles...

No comments: