Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday evening thoughts

There are so many amazing races going on right now. As I am typing a very good friend is running the Cuyamaca 100k. I keep checking to see how he is doing . Its late and today was really really hot so I am just hoping he has a good running experience.
I love reading racing stories and talking about them with friends. The blogs I love the most are ones that tell a good race story. I love the determination that certain people have. How would you know if you have that determination if you don't put yourself out there and try. That is one of the personality traits I love about runners . I love that the first time you sign up to run a 5k or 10k or a half marathon or a full marathon or 50k , 50 miler well your first time you sign up for that race and you train and you feel ready but there is that little voice in your head that says what if you can't finish . You know that voice. The best part about having self doubt is that moment when you cross the finish line and you get to say F-- You to that voice. You prove yourself Strong to yourself . What could be better than having that . Knowing your capable because you put the work in. I am stronger than I ever thought because being a runner has given me that knowledge. I think having that silent knowledge is so very cool. I recommend running to all my friends because its a gift you give yourself.  If your trying to figure out a way to love yourself try going out for a walk or a run.. 


No comments: