HOME ABOUT ME RUNNING PHOTOGRAPHY FAMILY CRAFTS ARTWORK

Friday, November 7, 2014

Mommy Adventures

Life is to short to give another minute to anyone or anything that does not make you happy !!!

This little guy and I went on an adventure this week. After running the Mount Laguna Marathon I decided that I felt really good about how well I know the trail. I have ran the whole thing a couple times and I bought a map so I felt ready. I put my fear aside and put on the Osprey back pack with Jack in it and off we went. He is a-lot heavier than I thought but I love a good challenge. We hiked 5 miles and it was not easy but it was a blast. I had such a great time and it went quickly. I guess I just believed I can't carry that pack and do it all on my own,  but hey I did and yes I can. 

Jack loved it too. He loved pulling on my hair and when he looked up at the sky he yelled wow.. I took him out of the pack and he walked about half a mile with me and then he wanted to go back in the pack. The kids owns me. 

So I learned that fear will hold you back from doing some of the stuff that could bring you so much joy. I know I am 42 but its a big deal that I took Jack all by myself on a long hike in the woods and we did not get lost and nothing bad happened either.. It was so much fun and we had a picnic too. I plan on making this a weekly thing. Life is to short to let my fears get in the way. So here is to me saying goodbye to the little fears that hold me back in a big way . Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you get a good long run in.

Post a Comment