HOME ABOUT ME RUNNING PHOTOGRAPHY FAMILY CRAFTS ARTWORK

Monday, March 30, 2015

Back to the PCT

This past weekend we hit the trails again because that is what you do when you are training. I feel like I can not miss any training runs right now because the race is getting closer . The long runs are the really important ones to me. They help with my self confidence. These are races that for me I need to believe 100 percent I can do in order to be successful. So back to back long runs in my book just can't be missed. I drove back up to the PCT to meet my friends. 

I was the only girl and the only slow person to show up. That meant this guys because they are total gentlemen would be waiting every couple miles for me. I always feel bad when I hold people back. In my head I just pushed and looked at the bright side at least they cared enough to wait and you can only apologize so many times for being the turtle. So I embraced it and just kept plugging along.

Here we are again. My friend Robert and me. He was the lucky one who waited most of the time . My IT band hates the trails. It has been really bothering me. I really hope it clears up soon because I am going to run either way.

The guys ran 25 miles I ran 22. It felt like a long day but I was always feel so lucky to be out here. It was a fun not to hot kinda run day. I love that. I had to push myself because all I wanted was to take nap many times. I hope you had a good weekend full of movement too.

Post a Comment