Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Running Camp Weekend day 1

I left Friday  morning for a much anticipated woman's running retreat in Mill Valley Ca. I went with one of my best friends. After we landed got our car and made a quick stop for a some food and then we drove to the house that we would be staying at for the next three days. We walked in introduced ourselves then sat down and talked races and running all night. It was really cool sitting with 10 other girls around the table talking running. So the deal was we would all meet at 6 am for a 7 am start. 

Saturday morning came very quickly. Specially because I sitting in bed with your girl friend chatting the night away. So all the girls met early and we all drove to  Mt.Tamalpais state park and the plan was hike or run to the top and meet back up at the parking lot. I met this really cool girl named Melissa and she became my running bud die for the day. I got to hear all about her 150 mile races. (holy cow ) and all the stories. It was awesome. I enjoyed every minute of our time together. 
With a couple miles to go Melissa went back with the group and Kathleen wanted to get a couple more miles in and so I joined her. One of my favorite things is meeting new people and enjoying there personality. Most people I run with are happy runners and love being outside and Kathleen was super positive just full of energy. She told me about her Iron men competitions and that came with some more great stories. We talked about our kids and life as a mom who can't get enough runs in and I loved it. Can you see it all these girls with the same passion.

This is what we ran though. It was totally different than anywhere I run in here in San Diego. So so so beautiful. The trees looked like they touched the sky. In some places you couldn't see the sky because the trees just kept going.

I totally felt a connection with Melissa and Kathleen and that's always a plus. I am sure we will keep in contact. All together we ran 18 miles and a-lot of that so crazy hard. There are a couple things this retreat taught me and I that is that it is OK if I am near the back. What I can do is just right for me.

Here we are day one. A very nice and super smart group of bad ass running chicks. 

No comments: