Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Touring San Diego Part 1

I decided Monday morning that Jack and I needed a mini adventure so after dropping of his brother and sister at school we set out to our destination. Balboa Park. I packed my back pack with a couple diapers and a snack his bottle and a toy. I like to keep it simple. I also decided I was going to leave the stroller at home. I figure when he got tired I could pick him up. We arrived at 10 am. The first place we went was the Art Village. 

The weather was weird. One minute it was windy and cold then it was hot. Jack did great walking around with me. One of the great things about taking in the town with a 1 1/2 year old is you really do stop to look at everything. I looked at every trash can and every plane that passed by. The art center in Balboa Park was neat. They have a-lot of galleries but going inside was just not an option.

As soon as we saw the rainbow covered floor Jack yelled. OH WOW ! I felt like we were walking on the yellow brick road. 

I have lived in San Diego most of my life and I had not seen these statues . I felt a little bit like I was back in Florence.

Next we visited the Coy Pond. I was happy that he did not try to jump in. He just looked at the fish and listened to all the people around up playing music. 

Here we are. I decided we would have Japanese food for lunch. So we sat by the organ pavilion and waited for our food.
To be continued….

No comments: