Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Saturday's run

Yesterdays run started around 8am. That mean that I had to be out the door by 6:30 am. Very doable and that's how it started. The drive was really nice because I was realign awake and the sun had just come out. The light had that morning glow about it. The freeway just seems nicer in the early morning hours. Once I arrived and saw all my fellow runners getting ready to go I felt that excitement about knowing this entire morning would be spent outside making my way though the mountains. We are training for the PCT 50. A 50 mile race that started at the bottom of the PCT and goes up and around 25 miles and then you make your way back. We started running at 8:02 and I knew by mile 2 that this was going to be a long run for me. Yes we where running 19 miles but there is easy long runs and today for not it for me. My legs felt so tired and I couldn't find my running mojo.  

I decided to just do my best to keep a a slow pace and not stop. I was suffering but I just kept think that this run would make me stronger because I felt like crap but I still had to keep going. I did just that. I saw a horse on the trail and since hiking season started I saw lots of hikers too. The scenery is just amazing and I don't care how tired you are somehow you get more energy from all the beauty that surrounds you. The air is crisp and you can see as far as Mexico. It always help when you run with friends too . Mentally they keep me motivated and I know there in front of me and behind me so I just keep you moving along. I kept thinking about how I could hitch a ride back to my car because I felt so tired but knowing we where all out there suffering somehow made it easier.  

I have to thank my friend Louka for these pictures.  I was not done at this point but instead I  refilled my pack and was just so damn happy that we only had 2 miles to go !! It was a long beautiful morning that I know helped me grow as a runner. There are many a times you just have to suck it up buttercup as Robert says. I feel like I am at a point in my life where I really appreciate the hard work that goes into finishing an Ultra-marathon. Your age does not matter or your gender we all have to put in a bunch of hard work to finish running any distance farther than a marathon through the mountains. I also have a whole new respect for all the woman I know or read about that go out there and kick ass. They have changed the way I look at female strength . I just want to go out there and do a better my best like so many woman before me do everyday. 

No comments: