Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 2 in Auburn

Yesterday, I woke up at 4:45 am. I couldn't sleep so I got up and made coffee and waited to go meet Becca ,Ricky and Robert for a short jog/run. We ran up the start line of the race. Holy Cow it was steep . The weather is really nice right now. It is not crazy hot. I wore my long sleeve and I was comfy. It is really nice having a girlfriend here that loves to talk running. So here is what I am thinking I am going to pretend in my head I have a 28 hour cut off. That way I can hopefully have a buffer for the later half of the race. The last 30 miles are when I felt like shit during my first and only 100. Having a buffer will help so much. I can not imagine how the elites must feel. I am hoping to finish and I feel crazy nervous. 


There is so much to see here. I can't say that my older kids are nature kids but they try. We went on some long walks . we need to get our steps in right ?
I also feel like its the calm before the storm. Last night we went in the hot tub and we all had dinner together and went to bed early. Today my pacer and sister in law fly in. So exciting. I am feeling crazy ass grateful . 

No comments: