Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Squaw Day 1. We arrived

Yesterday I got up at 4:15 am and was out the door by 4:45am. Bella and I drove from my house to Sacramento to pick up the boys. I thought it would be better to have my car and all of our stuff so I drove. I am glad I did . I brought Jacks bed and his toys with me and by 4 we where all together. Once in Squaw we got settled in out cabin. (its awesome) then I called Becca and we all got together for dinner. We where STARVING.

Then we went for a walk around the village. A knitted gondola. How cool would that be in my back yard. The kids had a great time exploring. 

Look at number 4. How Exciting !! Western States Trail race. 

Home of the winter Olympics in 1960. Thats a long time ago. The village is really pretty and I can only imagine how beautiful it must be in the winter.

Here they are my loves. I am missing Paola . The weather is really nice it was in the 70s last night and no humidity. They where having a concert and we did a little walking and unfortunatly Jack fell and got a big knot but he is ok. 

The sprinklers where on and Jack thought this entire thing was a car wash. He said "running mama". This is where the starting line will be on Thursday.

Then we all went to the playground and before we knew it the mosquitos where eating us. The day ended well. We got here safe and our little cabin is perfect. We saw our friends at this point I feel like we are family. We spend so much time together. I love it. Jack's little head is ok and as I sit here drinking my coffee everyone is sleeping. 3 more days until the big race. I am going to go for a run in about an hour . I find it hard to believe that I am going to be able to run Western. I promised my self not to take any of it for granted. I am going to run with a grateful heart and practice being present. 

No comments: