Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2017

It's time to start training

It's that time. Training for the San Diego 100 officially starts this week for me. Training is my favorite part of this journey. When race day arrives there will be so many new stories about how I barely made it on time to a run because I totally forgot my shoes and had to drive back home to get them (that was this morning)  or about how we did a 25 mile training run that I dreaded but I ended OK. There are going to be so many beautiful trails we are going to explore and mountains we will run up and down. There will be the fact that by race day I will look super fit. ( great bonus ). I can't forget that on this journey I will eat healthier than I do the rest of the year.  Then when you thought OMG what the heck did I sign up for there is RACE DAY ! 
This is me 2 years ago at the start of the SD 100. I had no idea what I was in for but I would not change a thing. It was a huge growing experience for me. I know I train better and work harder this year because I know you have to put in the work to succeed and the harder you work at this the better the out come will be. This year my goal is to run this race in 27 hours. I think I can do it. I have a plan. It starts with a 45 mile week . Do you have a race this year you are excited about ??

No comments: