Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The La Jolla Half marathon

I was not planning on running the La Jolla half but a friend asked if I wanted to join the fun and I could not say no. We took of promptly at 7:30 and I knew I would have to push because I was running on tired legs. I already had 55 miles in for the week but my thought was the more tired I am the better because during these 50 and 100 mile runs I have coming up I will for sure be running on tired legs so what better way to prepare. I love this race for starters its 13.1 miles. You know you'll be done early that is a huge plus. The weather is amazing and the scenery is the best of San Diego.  

The morning was perfect. Great weather a great DJ and so many excited runners and a food truck.

I don't have any pictures of me running but I had a good race. 8:36 average pace and 1:55 finish. I was happy with that . I didn't Walton the hills and that is a big plus for me. 

Here we are after a super fun time. My friend Daniel and me. 

I also did the total fan girl thing and asked Andrea from runcoachrun if I could take a picture with her. She was so nice and sweet. She is an amazing bad ass ultra-runner.  Look at my smile I was so excited. I had a great time and I fell so grateful that I was able to take part in such a fun event !!!

No comments: