Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Noble Canyon 50k race review

Early this Saturday morning I stood in a crowd of excited runners in a parking lot surrounded by beautiful mountains. We had perfect weather. It was not to cold and not warm at all.  I also love when you can park a couple hundred feet from the start of the race. There was plenty of parking and lots of bathrooms and it was just easy. I made my way to the registration and got my bib #121.
In 2012 I ran this race for the first time it was my first 50k and I remember I was so excited. 

The race started right on time and the course was so well marked. I never really got nervous about making a wrong turn because every where I ran I saw a ribbon. The first 8 miles are challenging.  I was told this so I just put my head down and kept moving. 

Preparing is the way to go.  The race was a blast and the races in San Diego have the best volutes and that leads to amazing aid stations .. You need it they have it. You might even know you need it but guess what they do.  I think this is an awesome 50K and if you have not run it you should. 

So with the help of the Trail Crasher and making sure we train I made it to the finish line with a huge smile. Lets be honest I threw up at the finish line but thats because I pushed the last 3 miles . I love the feeling of leaving it all out there. 

Yup, I kissed the rat.  7 hours 11 minutes 

Noble Canyon and my favorite community The San Diego ultra running friends made this day so good for so so many runners.... Thank you.




No comments: