Pages

Friday, September 7, 2018

Mt.Baldy and a bad stomach

This Labor Day was really special. My friend Becca got the ball rolling she signed up for The Mt. Baldy run so as a good friend a bunch of us decided to join her. The more the merrier right ? My husband  Jack and I drove up the night before to Ontario and got a hotel room. This way it would just make life easier.
First I need to start with this on Sunday morning we went out to eat at this place I really like but this Sunday It didn't like me. I don't ever get stomach stuff but what ever I ate hurt so much. I had the worst cramps and just so much pain. I felt horrible but I was hoping it would go away and it didn't.

Here is our crew before we started the race to the top. 

Then it was ready set and go !!!

This race starts at 6000 feet and finishes on the summit of the third highest mountain in California- Mt Baldy 10,064 feet.  That's 4000 feet of gain in 7 miles. 

the views where spectacular and I think thats why we do it . To be out in a beautiful place and push yourself in nature. Oh yeah and there is always the fact that your favorite runners are there with you.

Here we are ..and yes there is Robert !! I love 

 I felt horrible for most of the run /hike my stomach was hurting me so I totally slowed my friends down but there was not much else I could do I just moved slowly and we made it ..
This is my I feel like crap but I am still here pushing pose. 

The race had a lot of single track and the drops where awesome. I loved it but I really want to go back next year and see how I do with out pain. It was hard and fun but so so pretty.

The greatest gift in life is friendship and I have that... ..

No comments: