Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

The AFC Half marathon

I was not going to run the AFC half marathon my son was going to run it this year and I was so excited for him. He did all the training but unfortunately he was not able to go and this year it just was not in the cards for him.  I ran in his place and I do love the race. I have ran this race with my dad 5 times and with my husbands twice and alone 3 times. This was my 10th AfC. How fun right ??
During the race I saw a couple of friends and Juliann ran a couple miles with me . That was so much fun we talked and hung out and ran. I wanted to run it under 2 hours because I just think that's a good time . I was getting close to the finish and my dad jumped in and ran half mile with me and I got in at 1:58. That's perfect 
My super sweet people . My dad came to see my son run but instead he got me and Juliann ran a couple miles with me and other friends but it was nice to get to see her. It was a great Sunday and I do love this race. Getting up at 4 am maybe nit so much but after the race is over all the inconveniences are so worth it.

No comments: