Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Race Day results..




I am so proud to say that my dad was just amazing out there, He came in 7Th in his age group. That just makes me so happy for him. I had such a good time and my time was okay for me . I have done better but seriously I had a blast....I love whole race day event...The night before setting everything up...having your gels and water ready..Leaving the coffee maker ready and charging the I pod and the watch and the cell phone...Getting up at 4am to start getting my caffeine on...Being in the car on time (that's hard for me ) as I am driving down to my dads house I call my best friend only to be reminded that OH boy!! I forgot my watch so I turn around and come back home to go get it...That's my norm... Then I start driving 45 min to my dads were we are being picked up at 6am so we can get to the starting line on time...then we freeze our buns of as we wait to start...go potty many times...I also love that point in the day right before we all take off everyone there for the same reason..It feels really cool to be a part of a race, The distance doesn't really matter .Your time shouldnt really matter..Its why your there that matters...I am there for me, for my health, for the joy of this experience with my dad for that moment in time were I am creating a story...Ohhh yeah and the pictures...

6 comments:

Kolleen said...

such a great story and pics!!!! it is such a cool thing to do with your dad! you are both too stinkin cute!
i left you a little something on my blog...check it out!!

marilyn said...

thanks for sharing this day. you and your dad make a mighty fine pair. hooray for you both. love

Sweet Escape said...

awesome job to the both of you!!!

Unknown said...

GLORIA!!!
How did I miss that you had a blog??? I have loved catching up on your posts and hope that you are well. hugs and hearts!

Elizabeth Halt said...

yay! i'm glad you and your dad had such a good time! congratulations!!

Mindy Lacefield said...

this really gives me motivation to keep running. i love these sweet photos of you and your dad. i miss the feel of getting up early to do a half-marathon......love ya!