Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

happy Birthday dad

Today you turn 61..I feel so blessed to have you in my life..Your friendship and direction mean the world to me..Thank you for taking me on dates when I felt sad . Thank You for calling me everyday to check up on me..Thank you for calling me princess and always making me feel like your favorite..How can I thank you enough for taking the time drive me to all my basketball games and cheer leading practices..How do I thank you for taking me into your life and then making me part of your heart..You have been an amazing father to me when I didn't have one,because of you I never felt like I didn't have one...You loved me no matter what I did..You held my hand when roger died...You are and have been part of who I have become and I hope you know how much I love and admire you..You will forever be my dad....my friend and I will always be here for you.....I love you with all my heart...Gloria

2 comments:

Kolleen said...

tears, tears, tears


you are such a special soul sweet G! what an absolutely beautiful, heartfelt post to your dad....what a treasure!

"how do i thank you enough for taking me into your life and then making me part of your heart"....((*sigh*))

happy happy happy to your papa!!

sending lots of love
xoxox
k

patty said...

SO love this, Gloria!! How many people do I know that would love to spell out specific things like you did here to their loved ones, but no longer have them around??

This is so special...

You are so lucky to have each other - make sure that he reads it!!!

XOXOXO