Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Journal Obsession

I know there are lots of girls like me out there. You know the type of girl who get this incredible feeling inside of her when she buys a new journal. The kind of girl who doesn't care if its a 20 dollar journal or a 2 dollar journal?
What really matters to this girl is the never ending possibilities of what she could write in the journal. Draw in this journal. What story she could tell in this journal.

maybe this is the journal that has the perfect poem or thought or quote or Idea. This could be the journal that explains it all.
The journal that has the perfect love letter or it has your dreams and goals. I love me a journal and I have a new one for 2011.
Yes, it makes me feel a little like I am in high school. It makes want to sharpen my pencil. I even feel like I have my fun secrets inside of it, Tid bits of words ,ideas that make me unique. My question is do you just love journals too?
Do they make you as happy as they make me ?
I sure hope they do....
"Imagination is the biggest beginning of creation: You imagine what you desire:You will what you imagine; and at last you create what you will."
George Bernard Shaw

4 comments:

patty said...

Well, I don't have too many cute-sy journals. But I do have them all over the place! I try to use different ones for different things, but sometimes it all gets a little confusing, trying to remember where I wrote what! I know what you mean, tho... there is nothing quite like a journal. I really like going back and reading the old ones too!
Oh, and your quote it perfect for me since "imagine" is my word of the year!

allyson joy said...

so amazing G,,, I would love to do an art journal,,, I just don't know where to start,,, I can't wait to see more as it develops
{xoxo}

Jennifer said...

I am a total Journal girl myself. I cannot seem to get enough of them.

Stephanie said...

Right now I have 8 journals in progress...one for daily writing, one for sketches, one for creative projects that I want to do, one for lists and errands, one for trips/vacations, one where I glue miscellaneous pictures/clippings/ inpirations.....