Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

*Weekend recap*


Hi guys..
.
How was your weekend?

I had a good weekend.  The weather as always is just great in San Diego.  It never gets to hot and most mornings it is over cast by the beach.  My dad made it to my house by 6am on Saturday and we were running by 6:15...  We ran 12 miles and it was fun.  Let tell you, now that I am running more, the first 3 miles of all my runs are not fun.  My legs hurt and I feel sluggish and tired.  I always tell myself 20 minutes from now I will feel so much better and I always do (at least I think I do).  Is that a mental thing or what?
Running is a lot like life you just need to get through the rough patches to get to the good stuff.  If you never felt bad how would you know when you have it really good? SO never give up... Sometimes you just have to put one foot in front of the other… Then next thing you know you’ve made it. Yes it’s a mental thing.  

So I had asked my dad if he would like to ride his bike with me on Sunday while I did my long run, 20 miles...  He said yes so we met down town and just went for it... I cut it short and did 18 I was really tired.  I am happy to report that last week I ran 52 miles and I am confident after doing my training that I will survive the 50k which is in 4 weeks.
Then I had a dinner date..




Then my little girl asked to go on another short run with her...  So we joined a fun summer running series they have at a local running store.  Get this she wasn’t even the youngest child there... There were about 10 kids under 10 years old who ran with the group.  I don't push her at all.  Let me describe our time together… We are jogging and then all of a sudden we run really fast.  Then she yells mama and we stop and walk...  Until she gives me that look and off we go again!!!  I just let her lead and I follow  .One of the fun things we do when we see an out of state license plates is punch each other softly.  So much fun with my baby girl.

I went to have breakfast at this cool spot called The Garcia's in Carlsbad...  The restaurant serves authentic Mexican cuisine was so good.  The whole place is covered in Mexican decor...  This Frida picture was on the menu... Have I told you I love, love, love, Frida?  All the food was named after different parts of her life...  It was really neat and colorful... There you go, I ran, I hung out with my kids and ate yummy food...
I hope you had a lovely weekend...
xoxo
G

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love reading about all the beautiful things you are up to

kelly barton art + design said...

mmmmm.....nothing better than a weekend full of what we need.
looks like you got yours.

i love frida too.