Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ramblings from Gloria's brain.....

Holy Cow... Its Thursday morning and 2 days from now I will be running in my first 50k. Oh gosh..What I am most afraid of and if you were my friend you would also be afraid of this for me..Gloria getting lost..I hope I don't get lost..Remember when I ran the Rock and Roll here in the streets of San Diego and got a little lost..I hope that does not happen this weekend..I do hate getting lost.
 I have lots of running plans for next year..Well, because I will be 40 in May I figure I should really try next year to qualify for Boston. I am not a fast runner so this is a challenge for me, but I love a challenge..I think some people run with there feet and I think I run with my heart.So when I should be thinking about going fast I am dreaming about beautiful things. So next year I have a couple of good marathons lined up..The next marathon I run will be my tenth one...kinda crazy ..
The first one I ran I actually royally sucked at...6 hours..whats that ...man maybe that does not count.
I finished with this man that was in his 60s and this was his 20th marathon in 3 months..and I finished with him...I have gotten much better and I have grown as a runner.. My form and breathing are better and its just much easier for me to run. Its the best thing for me . Thanks to running I have also developed a really great relationship with my dad..all and all its a good thing... Hope you having a great Thursday...

6 comments:

Kelly Lish said...

Gloria- you are amazing! I'll be thinking of you and wishing you strength and endurance and light feet! Love to you beautiful girl! xo

Valerie said...

Gloria, as if you weren't impressive enough! I send you tons of love, support and stamina to reach your goal.

marilyn said...

run little bird, run!!! so proud of you and inspired! oh my, awesome girl! good luck and i'll send prayers up for the not getting lost part...<3

Kolleen said...

you are the shiz my friend!!!!

you will rock it out at the 50k and if you get lost ... you will be found ... you always are!!! : )

do you think you could teach me how to become a runner???!!!
i'd love to know ... the whole breathing thing gets me every time.

loving you GIANT
ooxx
k

patrice said...

OH my gosh dear friend...... You are totally amazing! I WILL wake up in the morning and my very first thought will be of you I promise. I will keep you close all morning. I will pray that the map of your heart will be loud and clear and you will run with all your heart in the right direction..... Just like always my sweets! I so admire you and am looking forward to hearing of your victory! ox

K8 said...

Oh i am just reading this now and wondering how u did! I'm sure it was amazing just like u!! I don't know how u do it Gloria! You're an inspiration